From varsity swimmer to one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, Talia Benson knows what it’s like to thrive in the fast lane. As the People & Culture Specialist at Inliv & Wello, two companies dedicated to pioneering a new frontier of healthcare & workplace wellbeing, Talia has a lot to share with us about building a strong workplace culture. We take an inside look at the day-in-the-life of a person whose sole job is to focus on the culture of an organization… you may be surprised how much is on her plate and how pivotal her role is in the growth of her companies!
Some questions I ask:
- Contentious issue… should there be a difference between HR and the People/Culture function within your organization?
- What does the day-in-the-life of a culture specialist look like?
- How would you measure the success of a launch to a new performance management/development system?
- How can you bring innovative culture technology & ideas to the table with limited resources & budget?
- Why should employees and companies place a focus on healthy living?
- How do we effectively navigate transformation to our employee wellness programs?
- What are the major differences you’ve seen in your experience working in an established business versus a startup?
In this episode, you will learn:
- There is a difference between HR and People/Culture. We see the administrative role being critical and necessary from HR, but with People/Culture, there is a dynamic that is also needed, projects focused on culture-specific elements of the business.
- Tips for how to begin building out your People & Culture team.
- What it looks like to redesign your internal performance development programs.
- An industry “secret” predictor of high-potential hires.
- How to connect vision, mission & values to truly enhance your wellness program.
- The way to ensure your employees are living out the values of your company besides just putting them up on the wall.
Also mentioned on this show:
Connect with Talia Benson: